Welcome!

Here you will find sermons, devotions, prayers, and conversation for the family of faith at Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church in Lancaster, PA as well as all visitors to this page. Comments are welcome on any of the posts here. CELC Vicar Evan Davis now writes and maintains this website.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Let it be, Mother Mary spoke

Now, I'm very, very far from an authority on any music made before 1990, and I am not a disciple of the Beatles.  But, as I have meditated on the texts for this Sunday, the 4th Sunday in Advent, I have been amazed by the remarkable story of the Annunciation to Mary, Mother of Our Lord.  And I've been amazed by Mary's answer to Gabriel, "Here am I, the servant of the Lord; let it be with me according to your word."  More on that in the sermon tomorrow morning.  But, the Beatles rather interestingly capture the wonder, wisdom and mystery of Mary's reply.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment