Welcome!

Here you will find sermons, devotions, prayers, and conversation for the family of faith at Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church in Lancaster, PA as well as all visitors to this page. Comments are welcome on any of the posts here. CELC Vicar Evan Davis now writes and maintains this website.

Monday, August 9, 2010

Daily Bible Readings from the ELCA


One little devotional tool I really use and enjoy is that I am simply on the ELCA's mailing list for the daily lectionary bible reading. That way, every morning when I wake up, there it is in my inbox, reminding me of God's presence with me. I find that the lectionary reading for the day, which is standardized, so often seems to be just the verses I needed to read that day. It's pretty amazing.

To join, go to http://listserv.elca.org/cgi-bin/wa.exe?SUBED1=bible-readings&A=1 . Just type in your name and email address, and hit the "Join Bible-Readings" button at the bottom. This is a service of our churchwide offices of the ELCA, so of course you can trust that this is a secure site and they will not share your address or send you spam or absolutely anything other than the daily bible reading.

If you have time, and especially if you check your email daily, give it a try! It may be a good way to bring a short daily devotion and reminder of God's presence into your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment