Welcome!

Here you will find sermons, devotions, prayers, and conversation for the family of faith at Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church in Lancaster, PA as well as all visitors to this page. Comments are welcome on any of the posts here. CELC Vicar Evan Davis now writes and maintains this website.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Greetings!

Good morning!

This is Evan Davis, the new vicar here at Christ Lutheran. I am blessed to be here among you now in Lancaster and to greet you with peace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I have spent a couple days in the office learning my up from down and finding my way around, and I am thankful for all of you who have gone out of your way to make me feel welcome. As many of you know, I am now married to the former vicar, Brett Wilson (now Brett Davis!), and so I feel as though I am entering a familiar place.

As I have transitioned into maintaining this blog, I have changed the name to "Vicar Evan." Unfortunately, this has put my name on all previous posts which I did not write. Everything through June 2011 was prepared by Vicar Brett, regardless of what the website is telling you now. Just a little disclaimer to avoid any errors in attribution! :)

I look forward to sharing my thoughts, sermons, prayers and discernment with you as together we hear the Word of God speaking to us each week through our worship, the scriptures and our conversations and experiences with each other. Please feel free to leave comments or ask a question. Questions often arise as our faith seeks understanding, and I personally welcome them as I hope you will welcome mine.

God's blessings,
Vicar Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment